The Kansas Pilots Association is an organization for pilots and
aviation supporters dedicated to the furtherance and enhancement
of general aviation interests in the state of Kansas. The primary
objectives of KPA are:
1. Encourage Safety in General Aviation Flying.
- Sponsor aviation safety meetings and clinics.
- Support pilot safety programs initiated by the FAA, CAP, and other pilots' associations and organizations.
- Contribute to an awareness of aviation safety through the use of the KPA website and local chapter Newsletters to publicize safety information.
- Assist federal, state or local organizations with aviation related safety programs.
2. Promote the Growth of General Aviation in Kansas.
- Support aviation education programs as a means of providing
understanding, support, and advancement of aviation interests.
- Support AOPA, EAA, and other aviation groups and organizations
in programs to foster growth of aviation.
- Provide leadership and support efforts of others in removing
barriers to effective growth and economic health of aviation.
- Give recognition to significant activities and accomplishments
in aviation through actions such as testimonials, awards, and
letters of recognition or appreciation.
- Support state aviation historical organizations in preserving
the record of aviation in Kansas.
- Support legislation favorable to the growth of general aviation
at the federal, state and local level.
- Encourage the construction and improvement of aviation facilities
in the state.
- Support policies, practices and technological changes in aviation
which have the effect of minimizing or reducing costs of general
- Sponsor, encourage and support fly-ins to promote increased
use of aircraft and increased esprit de corps between pilots
and the aviation community.
3. Assist Federal, State and Local Governments on General
- Provide advice to federal, state and local governments on
programs and plans which affect the aviation community.
- Participate in advisory committees and panels to provide information
on and further the interests of general aviation.
4. Guard and Protect the Rights of Pilots.
- Oppose actions which unreasonably limits general aviation
access to airports.
- Seek removal of burdensome regulations and support programs
and policies which would have the effect of improving rights
4005 Mission Drive
Hutchinson, KS 67502
Website Contents © 2003-2018 All Rights Reserved